- Dona Filipa Hotel
- Rooms & Suites
- Kids Club
- Corporate Events
- Offers & Packages
- Terms & Conditions
Algarve Visitors Guide
Dona Filipa & San Lorenzo Golf Resort Algarve Guide
The Algarve, the southernmost region of Portugal, is a province where endless blue skies grace a countryside trimmed by golden shores. Inland, the orange groves and blossoming almond trees add colour to this unique region in contrast with the whitewashed traditional houses.
Long, golden sandy beaches lapped by crystal waters, picturesque rocky cliffs and coves, century old Roman and Moorish influenced architecture - the Algarve offers its guests a brilliantly colourful welcome and unique local cuisine, all blessed by the finest weather in Europe.
The Algarve is truly expressed in three words...vibrant, historic and cosmopolitan!
Curiosity: Very few people know that Algarve means 'Garden' in Arabic!
- Ria Formosa Nature ReserveThe Ria Formosa Nature Reserve is a haven for rare and endangered, nesting or migrating birds and includes 60 kilometres of one of Europe's last unspoilt coastlines.
- Vale do LoboVale do Lobo beach is located approximately 15 minutes drive from Faro International Airport, in the heart of the region's golfing paradise, surrounded by lush golf courses and pinewoods overlooking the sea.
- Local ActivitiesThere is a children's park and trails through the beautiful Ancão Nature Reserve which borders onto the Atlantic Ocean and is a mere 750m away from the Resort.
- Golf CoursesSome of the Algarve's best golf courses, including the San Lorenzo Golf Course are within very easy reach of the Dona Filipa & San Lorenzo Golf Resort.
- Tourist AttractionsThere are numerous local Algarve tourist attractions close to the Dona Filipa & San Lorenzo Golf Resort