Keeping You Safe on the Beach
Enjoy Our Safe, Secure Private Beach Area
Across Portugal, our glorious beaches are ready to receive sun-seekers in a safe, relaxing atmosphere. Guests at Dona Filipa Hotel have exclusive access to a secure private area of Vale do Lobo beach, complete with loungers, parasols and a concession service.
Our Covid-19 taskforce has put a number of initiatives in place, in tandem with new government legislation, all designed to offer a safe place to relax under the endless Portuguese sun.
Safety Rules to Be Observed
Our Private Beach Area
- 1.5m of social distancing between beach goers not in the same group.
- Distance of 3m between sun umbrellas.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of all sun loungers, umbrellas and surfaces.
- PPE to be worn by servers supplying refreshments.
General Beach Rules
- Social distancing to be followed as per our private area rules.
- Use the hand sanitisers provided for disinfection on entering and exiting the beach.
- Sports activities between two or more people is forbidden (except for nautical activities, surf classes and similar).
- Monitoring and control of the number of beach users.
- Regular communications regarding occupancy numbers.
Circulation Rules and Movement
- One-way system in place.
- Circulation lanes to be defined and observed along with social distancing rules.
Bars, Restaurants and Terraces
- Regular cleaning schedules in place.
- Limited capacity to observe social distancing.
- PPE to be worn by all vendors.
- Mobile sellers to observe the circulation lanes at all times.
- No pedal boats, slides or indoor showers in use.
- Outdoor showers, loungers, mattresses and beach ashtrays to be sanitised regularly.